PATRIOTlink™ Verification Specialist (Contract Position)
Code of Support Foundation (COSF) is a national veteran service organization located in Alexandria, VA. COSF is seeking applicants for Verification Specialists (VS) as part of the PATRIOTlink™ program. A VS is responsible for communicating virtually and telephonically with veteran service organizations and agencies to determine eligibility for the PATRIOTlink platform. PATRIOTlink is a cloud-based resource navigation platform developed by COSF that is designed to empower service providers to easily navigate and find resources for the military service members, veterans, and families (SMVF) they are assisting. This position supports COSF’s PATRIOTlink program goal, which is to provide a searchable database of vetted and curated resources.
This contract position falls under the general supervision of the PATRIOTlink Program Director. The contracted specialist will work exclusively with the PATRIOTlink service tool to populate the database by conducting outreach to organizations in order to gather information about their services.
This position is ideal for applicants who are military spouses, caregivers, or veterans who have recently transitioned, have excellent verbal communication skills and are looking for an opportunity to earn money while supporting the military and veteran community.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in and complete training before beginning contract position
- Verify assigned profiles are correct by setting up verification phone call and making changes as needed in profile in PATRIOTlink backend. Profiles are documents with specific information about an organization and the services they offer. Verifying will include cross checking information and confirming the profile is correct with the program point of contact during a verification phone call.
- Analyze data in order to determine individual eligibility of organizations contingent on whether or not they qualify based on the predetermined standards of the PATRIOTlink platform.
- Request local resources from organizations when verifying by providing them a point of contact to send resources to. Apprise appropriate COSF Leadership of valuable contacts made throughout the vetting process that may lead to partnerships and/or collaboratives
- Ask if organization is interested in piloting the platform and where to sign up
- Contribute to the success of the department by actively providing feedback from sites when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned
- Belief in the mission and core values of Code of Support Foundation
- Military connection (veteran, mil/vet spouse, family member, caregiver)
- Familiarity with veterans and military family issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively articulate COSF’s mission and the mission of the PATRIOTlink platform over the phone
- Effective research skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently
- Hardworking individual who can be held accountable for outreach/verifications
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Gmail applications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is preferable
Additional Information and Requirements
This is a no less than 20 hour/week contract position with Code of Support Foundation at a rate of $15.00 per accepted quality check profile. The contract is month to month, with the length of the contract contingent on the organization's needs and funding. Candidate must have reliable internet, computer and smartphone - Code of Support will provide a phone line that can be accessed through an app.