This Summer... Intern at a fun, energetic and innovative non-profit and help our service members, veterans and their families get the support they need!
Communications & Development Intern
Description: Code of Support Foundation seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with non-profit development, marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in various aspects of running a non-profit organization.
- Assist in researching and writing grants.
- Research profiles on major donors to help with cultivation efforts.
- Update and maintain accurate information in Code of Support's constituent management systems.
- Help with development of content for social media and website. Assist in organizing and implementation of awareness and giving campaigns.
- Reach out to community organizations, public and donors with the messages about COSF’s mission.
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for fundraising.
- Assist in processing donations and preparing acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations, Nonprofit Management, or other relevant major).
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus but not required.
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel, Google Drive). Knowledge of basic HTML is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) is desirable but not required.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with partners and community contacts.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Interest in nonprofit development/fundraising.
The above job description and qualifications are not meant to be all-inclusive.
Hours: 40 hours/week
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship, however COSF will reimburse for public transportation and travel expenses. And a $500 award will be given at the end of the summer.
To Apply: Please send a writing sample and resume to: