Because life doesn't always come with a field manual
We know navigating the resources and getting the help you and your family need can be tough. Between the VA and community based programs - the process can feel overwhelming. Our team is here to listen, and will work with you to find the specific help you need.
We assist service members, veterans, caregivers, and their immediate family members of every branch of service, service era, and discharge status. If you fit into any of the following criteria, then and your family are eligible for services from Code of Support Foundation.
Who We Help
- Current active duty, Guard/Reserve
- Veteran who served at least 180+ days of active service (post-training)*
- Immediate family member of a US service member or veteran
- Caregiver to a US service member or veteran
- Surviving Family Member
*Exception: Discharged from the military because of a disability (not pre-existing), early out or hardship
Required Documents for All Clients
- Service Records (DD-214, DD-215, or ERB)
- Disability decision (PEB, VA Rating Letter, etc.) If Applicable
- Proof of all household income (i.e. most recent LES or RAS, civilian pay, disability benefits, pensions)
- Related documents requested to facilitate assistance
We Can Help Connect You With:
DISCLAIMER: Code of Support Foundation does not provide clinical counseling or direct financial assistance from our organization. We will work with you and advocate, on your behalf, to partner organizations that provide these types of assistance.
To get help by phone please dialand press 1 to reach our case coordination line.
Business hours are Monday - Friday from 9am-5pm EST.
IMPORTANT: If this is a life-threatening crisis (eg, possible suicide), call the veterans crisis line:
For 24-Hour confidential peer support for service members, veterans and families you can call Vets4Warriors at 1-855-838-8255 or Chat online at vets4warriors.com