Job Title: Intake Coordinator
Department: Case Coordination
Supervisor: Director of Case Coordination
FLSA Status: FT - Exempt
Salary Range: $38,000-$40,000
Founded in 2011, Code of Support Foundation (COSF) is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides essential and critical one-on-one assistance to those struggling service members, veterans and their families who have the most complex needs. COSF is dedicated to leveraging the nation's full spectrum of resources to ensure all members of our military, veterans and their families receive the support services they need and, through their collective sacrifice, have earned. COSF’s integrated programs include personalized, holistic long-term case coordination services that serve all service era generations across the nation. To learn more, visit www.codeofsupport.org.
The Intake Coordinator (IC) works directly with the Case Coordination team and serves as the first point of contact for service members, veterans, and their families (SMVF) requesting assistance. The IC is primarily responsible for conducting initial intake and assessment, case management support, outreach and advocacy. The IC’s secondary role is to engage clients in the coordination process to help them attain self-sufficiency and improve their overall quality of life. The Case Coordination program’s mission is to ensure quality service delivery to service members, veterans, and their families.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide phone and email based communication to clients and providers inquiring about services
- Conduct intake assessment to gain full insight of client’s circumstances
- Collect required documentation and data for accurate assessment and program evaluation
- Determine priority of incoming requests and prepare client files for Case Coordination team
- Prepare detailed case notes, reports, and other documentation related to the Case Coordination program in COSF’s cloud-based database
- Establish a service plan by helping clients identify and prioritize their needs and goals
- Advocate on clients’ behalf to organizations for the purpose of facilitating and leveraging support services.
- Proactively check-in and follow-up with clients and organizations; Provide phone and email-based resource navigation to clients
- Attend and participate in weekly case coordination meetings
- Conduct research and provide user feedback in COSF’s cloud-based database
- Build and foster relationships with service providers in the community
- Maintain expertise by attending trainings, conferences, and educational opportunities to enhance job-related skills
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed
- Conflict Resolution - Encourages open communications; confronts difficult situations; maintains objectivity; keeps emotions under control; uses negotiation skills to resolve conflicts
- Managing Customer Focus - Promotes customer focus; monitors customer satisfaction; develops new approaches to meeting customer needs
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Analytical Thinking – Able to synthesize complex or diverse information, researches data and uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures
- Written and verbal communication – Write and speaks clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
- Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
Education and or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, or other social service fields
- Prior experience in Human Services Case Management; Experience working with vulnerable populations or persons in crisis
- Required to be a military-affiliated veteran, caregiver, spouse or family member of the US Armed Forces
- An understanding of the non-profit organizational structure
- Knowledge of the military/veteran community and demonstrated understanding of their special lifestyle and needs is preferred
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze and identify trends and gaps
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to multitask with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team and work independently
- Ability to understand, be sensitive to, and have empathy for clients; Ability to develop trusting empowering relationships and to work effectively with individuals and families
- Highly motivated, strong interpersonal and advocacy skills
- Strong computer skills required for database programs, Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills
- Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends
Code of Support Foundation offers a competitive salary; health, vision, and dental coverage; a generous PTO package; 13 paid holidays per year, 401 (K) retirement plan; flexible spending account; and parking benefits to its full-time employees.
COSF is an equal opportunity employer. Federal law prohibits discrimination in employment practices on the basis of race, color, religious affiliation, national origin, sex, age, or disability. No information requested on this application will be used for the purpose of excluding any applicants consideration for employment because of his or her race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year