Empowering Service Providers Across the Nation
"PATRIOTlink is a daily benefit for my work at the American Red Cross Military and Veteran Caregiver Network. One of the biggest calls to action I have as a peer supporter is to find and recommend resources for specific needs. PATRIOTlink makes me a resource expert across the country. Being a national organization it can be hard to know what community level resources are available to veterans, families and their caregivers, with PATRIOTlink I have a vetted and monitored resource referral system that I never hesitate to use. Peer referral is powerful and I pride myself on only sharing resources I know the caregivers can access and qualify for. PATRIOTlink is the tool I choose to find quality, dependable resources for our military and veteran caregivers of all eras."
- Melissa Comeau, American Red Cross Military and Veteran Caregiver Network
Out of the 22 million veterans in the U.S., an estimated 30% of veteran families are in crisis and require critical assistance from one or more service providers to ensure they have wrap-around support for their needs.
Currently, there are tens of thousands of nonprofits and thousands of local and federal government resources available to help veterans and their families, all with with varying scope and eligibility requirements. However, Code of Support Foundation (COSF) recognized that even with all the available resources many service providers were still having extreme difficulty finding the right resources for the veterans they were assisting.
COSF realized that the quantity of the resources was not the problem. The real challenge was effectively navigating, identifying and leveraging the thousands of these resources to fulfill the unique, complex, and often multiple needs of veteran families’ looking for assistance.
That is why COSF developed PATRIOTlink™, a cloud-based resource navigation platform built by service providers, for service providers to make finding and leveraging resources as easy as possible for nonprofit or government service providers assisting veterans and their families. With the support of COSF’s corporate funders, Bristol-Myers Squibb Foundation and Noblis, Inc., PATRIOTlink™ is currently being piloted to test sites across the country.
Sign-Up for a Demo of PATRIOTlink™
PATRIOTlink™ is a tactical solution that facilitates integrated efforts among support organizations to ensure service members, veterans and their families get the holistic support they need to successfully transition back into civilian life. The PATRIOTlink platform is different than other resource navigation platforms because of COSF's continued dedication to ensuring that PATRIOTlink's data remains accurate and the program's navigation is intuitive for service providers who can efficiently and effectively find the resources their service members, veterans and families need. In order for any organization to be qualified for PATRIOTlink they must meet these requirements:
- Provide a direct and a cost-free service (i.e. legal, mental health, retreats)
- Be fiscally responsible and financially transparent (i.e. 990)
- Ensure capacity to serve additional service members, veterans and their families
- Be responsive when contacted by phone and/or email
Why Is PATRIOTlink™ Different?
- Each resource undergoes a thorough and standardized vetting process, which requires telephonic verification
- Continuous resource updates by COSF program specialists ensures data integrity
- Each organization is tagged not just by the service(s) provided, but also by eligibility criteria – allowing for a more targeted and efficient search
- Unique features to locate and save resources
- The ability for service providers to recommend new organizations and resources to COSF for vetting and potential inclusion in PATRIOTlink
- A gap analysis and feedback feature fed by user experience to inform the continuing population and design of PATRIOTlink
COSF’s process ensures that each profile represents program capacity, includes services provided, and resources are tagged based on eligibility criteria such as service era, disability rating, discharge status, deployment history, geographic coverage, and population assisted. This allows a service provider to perform searches that result in resources their client qualifies for, significantly reducing the amount of time it takes to find the specific assistance their client needs. To learn more, please email Simmone Quesnell at email@example.com.
PATRIOTlink™ is currently being piloted to test sites across the country from the generous support of the Bristol-Myers Squibb Foundation.
Sign up for our Newsletter!